Monday, September 13, 2010

VISITING MOM

Labor day always brings the celebration of my mom's birthday.  This year she turned 84.  We spent last weekend in Salt Lake.  

About a month ago I checked the RSL Soccer schedule and realized they had a home game on September 4.  We went!  It was a fun game and the boys loved being there. I wrote the play by play to Isaac just like I always do for the boys games.  Earlier in the morning Rakai, Ammon, Karamea and I strolled the Farmers Market.  I love that place!  Fresh produce, fun merchandise and hanging out with my kids.  It's just so great!

But the real reason we were there was for Sunday and to celebrate mom/grandma.  Moana was up from Arizona so she and I prepared a delicious dinner.  Mark and Garry and their families came and we enjoyed spending time together in Mom and Dad's backyard.  Good thing Asa mowed the lawn the on Saturday.  Before everyone arrived Grandma came out back to watch the boys play on the swings and do flips off the mini tramp.  The weather was beautiful.  

We drove back on Monday and stopped at the One Man Band in Nephi for lunch.  It was a wonderful weekend of family and fun.