Thursday, May 19, 2011

EMPTY

I did some soul searching on the drive into work this morning.  My analysis concludes that I am an empty water pitcher.  I've spent a lifetime quenching the thirst of others.  My pitcher is dry and I don't have the energy to refill.

When the water pitcher in my refrigerator runs dry I pick it up and refill it.  Is there someone who can do that for me? The answer comes in scripture - John 11: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

I turn to my Savior and ask Him to fill my empty pitcher.  And I pray, "God give me the strength to accept the water thou gives me.  Help me to replenish so that I may continue to quench the thirst of others"
I think I need a Lani retreat.