Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just Another Day

I hit the ground running at 6am this morning. Fold the laundry, check emails, stretch achy bones, read a few lines to jump start my brain, empty dishwasher, start breakfast, wake kids...and so on. One by one I drove kids to school then to work then ended up at work myself.

Work...so many demands, so much to do. Phones ringing, emails to respond to, conversations with colleagues. Then it's afternoon. The kids are out of school.

The most blustery day of the winter, everyone needs a ride. Run away from work, pick up children and drive them home. Run a couple of errands for work then back to work.

More emails to respond to, more projects to work on...6:00...Karamea needs a ride.

Home at last...relax...are you kidding...it's just the changing of the hats.

Now I'm the mom...laundry...household chores...prepare dinner. Everyone leaves for the gym and I realize...

I will only make it to the gym if I wake up at 4:30am and start my workout at 5:00. So that's my new goal. Not tomorrow...I'll be on the radio...but on Wednesday I'll go to the gym at 4:45a and get my body back in shape.