Monday, February 4, 2008

GLAMOR GAL


So...ya...it took nearly 2 hours to fix my hair. And since I went to all that work we decided to take pictures. I'm sure you can guess - it's not very often that I actually do my hair like this. And maybe you're wondering where I was going.

The annual St. George Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet. These gala events are not really my favorite thing to do but as the Director of Public Relations for KCSG Television it's part of the job.

We arrived late but that's okay. I wasn't really up for the pre-dinner chit chat at the reception. That kind of conversation is tiresome. We entered and went right to our table where everyone was already seated and enjoying their salad...if you want to call it that. Dinner was just as scary as the salad. I was glad I had eaten a late lunch and wasn't really hungry.

The Chamber Committee was sworn in by the mayor. There is about 20 of them and I know them all. The keynote speaker was someone I didn't know. A retired, wealthy person from Ohio who lives in St. George 6 months out of the year. His favorite thing to do is drive around looking at the beautiful scenery of St. George and get lost. K...that takes time and money...what a lucky guy.

The event ended close to on time. I chatted with associates while Ra waited in the lobby. It wasn't long before we were home and I was out of those high heels...ouch! Back into my jeans and clogs and off to the Saturday night ritual...grocery shopping.

That's more my style!