Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ADVENTURE IN THE NIGHT

The joys of parenting include clean up in the night. Hamilton was feeling a little nauseated when he decided to climb in bed with me last night. Needless to say my sleep was interrupted at 12:50 as he was throwing up on the pillow next to me. When he finally came to life he got up and ran and as he did he left a trail all over the carpet and the bathroom floor.

So there I was doing laundry and scrubbing floors for the next 45 minutes. I put him back to bed in the guestroom then searched the house for blankets. You see, Ra and the boys like to sleep outside and since its a crisp 30 degrees they take all the sleeping bags and extra blankets out there with them.

No sooner had I found some blankets and lay back down when Hamilton was running to the bathroom again. 2 am and I was cleaning the other bathroom.

The alarm went off at 5:15 and I was certainly not ready for it.