Monday, August 17, 2009

FAIR SERVICE

The 2009 Washington County Fair ended last night. I had various assignments and spent most of Wednesday through Saturday filling the responsibilities. The baby contest, foundation for students, ticket taker and gate keeper, parade activities, facebook updates...I am weary just remembering it all.

My place on the Washington County Fair Board is a treasured position. Those serving on the board are filled with charity and selfless love. We give time and energy until we can't give anymore. Wendy, our fearless leader, is wonderful. Her excitement motivates us all to keep going. I have enjoyed 5 years of service and will continue as long as the passion remains.

Over the years I have learned that every kind of person goes to the fair. I have learned the inner workings of a demolition derby. I have felt sweltering heat and been strangled by dust. I have created extraordinary friendships.

Today, I think I slept through church. My body is worn out and my mind is exhausted. Sleep comes easy but I have neglected motherhood this past week and the boys need my attention. Sleep will have to wait just a little longer.