Sunday, December 6, 2009

MY SAGGY DOG IS SICK

















A few months ago Rakai felt the need to rescue an english bull dog puppy from a bad situation.  As the mother and keeper of this house I STRONGLY disagreed.  But he brought him home anyway.  I reminded him that he would soon be leaving and I would inherit the care of this dog.

Remember when you were young and you had to rescue every stray animal you saw even if they weren't a stray.  I do.  One time I hid a kitten in my bedroom for 3 days before my parents figured it out.  I guess I cannot be too upset at Rakai for rescueing Leopold and at the fact that today I am taking care of a very sick dog.

Last night he ate my shoe.  BAD dog!  We forgot to lock him up when we left the house.  He went into my closet, retrieved an espadrille and ate it to shreds.  All night long and all day long he has been throwing up pieces of espadrille string.  It's his karma for being bad.  What goes around comes around, even if you are a dog.

I'm feeling a little like the mother of a sick child - cleaning up  vomit washing sheets and blankets.  Leo is now on an 8 hour diet of ice cubes.  Then, from the info I got off the internet, he can eat rice and boiled chicken.  Now I have to admit, Leo is a substitute child while I am missing Rakai and Isaac.  I really don't mind being his mom.