Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CLEANING CLEAN

In the stress and busyness of last week I failed to post the one serene event that made me pause mid-week.  Wednesday December 23, 9:45pm (yes that's almost my bedtime) I reported to the St. George Temple to ENJOY 2 hours of cleaning clean.  This is also the day to celebrate the life of Joseph Smith.  As Hamilton continually reminded me, it was his 204th birthday.  Happy Birthday Joseph.

I arrived at the temple in regular temple going clothes and was immediately given white scrubs to change into.  After changing we met in the chapel for a prayer and thought before going on to our assignment.  I was assigned to the baptistry.  It was quiet and peaceful and there were times I would visualize the fact that I was cleaning the House of the Lord.  Incredible, to say the least.

This will be a peaceful experience and cherished memory.  Then Christmas happened 2 days later.