Saturday, May 22, 2010

NEW DAY INSPIRATION

This morning I woke to the playful sound of the song of a bird.  She was sweetly singing in the treetops of the downtown streets of Salt Lake.  I am here with Karamea. While she sleeps I read and write a letter to Isaac.  This is the quote that should spark a new beginning for me.
"I would rather be ashes than dust; I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot.  I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.  The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.  I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London -

Can I find the power to be the superb meteor?  Can I find the strength to live as this quote implies?  It would seem that in doing so my existence would be so much more meaningful.