Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ELEPHANT TREK

Last week I spent two days at the St. George Chamber of Commerce Business Expo.  As part of the entertainment I stepped under the Yellowpix canopy.  Considering the feng shui description of the elephant I decided I needed to go on an Elephant Trek.

The elephant is probably the most positive animal symbol.  Some of the lessons thought to be learned from the elephant include strength, wisdom, solitude, family loyalty and intelligence.  The elephant is also considered to be a symbol of good luck.

As the public relations manager for the Center for Media Innovation (CMI), I was required to spend two days manning my booth at the expo.  It takes strength to stand on the cement floor and brave the chilled air of the Dixie Center.  At times I felt the solitude of being alone in my booth but I am loyal to my work so I stayed there even under the most exhausting moments.  As for intelligence, I am by nature filled with internal wisdom.  This is a gift from God.

These are lessons learned from my elephant trek and lessons learned through life's experience.