Monday, October 20, 2008

EPIPHANY:

a comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization.

I experienced this today at church.

Today I sat among the pews of the chapel looking at all the people around me. The judgemental thoughts were replaced with an unconditional love for every person within my range of site. I was completely overcome with the realization that every person around me is facing challenge, trial, chaos - call it what you will - we all struggle with something. Every person there is an imperfect person full of goodness just trying to be the best they can with what they've been given.

It's a simple thought and has previously crossed my mind but never with the strength of emotion that I felt on this day. I want to always remember the power of this epiphany so that it guides my appreciation for the people I love and associate with.