Monday, April 13, 2009

TODAY IS EASTER

This Easter morning is bright and beautiful. After a few days of clouds, blue skies and sunshine are a welcome sight. The boys sleep it is quiet and peaceful and I reflect on the meaning of this day.

The atonement of our Savior makes life possible for us. His resurrection assures a place for us in Heaven if we live according to His teachings. There is a song - I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus - it should be our theme song. To live as Jesus lived, to love as Jesus loved. To be filled with peace and to live close to our Father in Heaven. This is true joy and serenity.

Click here to view an Easter message from my family.

I have recently completed Jesus, A Journey of Enlightment by Deepak Chopra. I think it is safe to say that Deepak is not real big on the life of Jesus Christ and has a slight misunderstanding of His purpose. I have enjoyed many of the writings of Deepak Chopra but as a Christian and one who believes in the divinity of Jesus Christ, this book is not one I would recommend. To his defense, Deepak did state at the beginning that the story was merely fictional. And that fact was obvious to me as I read. So if you, as a Christian, should decide to read this book remember to rely on your relationship with your Savior and your personal inspiration to know what is truth and what is fiction.

Enjoy the beauty of the day and may you find peace within.

Happy Easter