Monday, October 12, 2009

BLOOMINGTON GEYSER


This is what happens when a golf course sprinkler bursts. I was enjoying the land of dreams when there was a loud pop and then gushing water. It was around 2am and I couldn't see what was going on until sunrise. It wasn't until about 7am when the golf course maintenance guy came around and they finally shut it off. It was loud. This happened sometime in September but the battery on my camera died. I ordered a new one and then had to wait for it to be shipped. Now I am back in business.

My boys are so excited that I have the camera back...not. I am always taking pictures or videos and posting them to the family blog. Which pretty much annoys them.

The first week of October is past and gone. The broadcast center keeps me so busy. I feel like I am working all the time. Not exactly what I expected but money is a good thing and helpful when it comes to paying bills and getting Isaac ready for his mission.

We are in the 5 week countdown. He reports November 18 which is the day before my birthday. This is such a time of mixed emotion. I will miss him but the thought of experiences he will have and the excitement that exists for him right now brings joy to my heart. Then a few weeks after he leaves, Rakai will leave for New Zealand. Christmas this year will be calm and strange. Especially compared to the fun we had last year.

Ra's family visited this weekend. It has been wild and crazy. Next weekend Moana and her boys will be here. We're going Zion hiking. Eric and Isaac will have a chance to be together once more before they are both off on their missions.

Life is moving by at what seems to be the speed of light.