Monday, October 26, 2009

CUT THE STRING

As I type my children are in the other room playing a game. They converse, they laugh, they enjoy being together and the aroma of a Sunday night treat is in the air. I write with mixed emotion and consider my future.

Rakai booked his one way ticket to New Zealand last week. He leaves November 30. With Isaac leaving for his mission and Karamea in Salt Lake my household will feel drastically diminished come December.

Magnificent motherhood memories surf the waves of my brain. Walking through the park... pushing them on the swing...stitching matching dresses for me and Karamea...bedtime stories...Rakai loved Little Black Sambo...butterfly kisses...bikerides...hiking in Zion...laundry for the masses...soccer games...piano and violin recitals...songs of delight...puddle stomping...Redwood Trees...Door of Faith Orphanage...ocean breezes and orange sunsets...

This list is endless...

I treasure motherhood it is my joy and my priviledge. The greatest of any of my blessings.