Monday, May 12, 2008

REFLECTIONS ON MOTHER'S DAY

I woke to a perfectly peaceful mother's day morning. All was calm as I reflected on the fact that I am the mother of 6 amazing children.

Motherhood compels me to be the best I can be. To live for my children and to be the light that guides their way. Do I mess up? Absolutely! But the sparkle in their eyes and the determination in their souls redirects my efforts and keeps me on track.

Rakai and Karamea arrived safely home from their time away. Rakai more determined than ever to return to New Zealand and Karamea missing the New York lifestyle. With his 18th birthday Isaac became my third adult child while he has been away. I am excited to hear his stories and learn about who he has become.

Ra continues his trek through the Middle East. He is missed.