Thursday, May 29, 2008

SO SUMMER BEGINS

This week begins the first of summer. The rushing of preparing lunches, folding laundry, making breakfast, driving kids to school has come to a screeching halt. My mornings are peaceful. I wander quielty through the house opening windows and pause on the patio to watch the sun rise in the east. Sammie is at my feet waiting for his breakfast. I pick him up. We cuddle and watch the changing colors of the sky.

The house is quiet as I walk to the car and drive off to work. NPR speaks volumes to me as the road brings me closer to my destination. There is so much going on in the world and there is so much to learn.

My thoughts trickle over seas to where Ra is working and preparing the way for his family to join him. It all seems so abstract and yet so welcoming. New adventures, new people, new culture, new lessons.

I feel as if I am being pulled into a new abyss. I can only guess at my future...