Thursday, September 4, 2008

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

Today was not a good day. A little more stress than I would like and not enough positive energy. So tonight after the usual domestic duties were completed I took my book and went out on the patio to exhale. Not long after I had settled into my comfort zone, I heard the slide of the patio door. Hamilton came out with his book and sat nearby. We read.

It was a pleasant surprise and one that would not have occured if there was a television in our house that actually did more than transmit from the DVD player.

It's just too easy to loose yourself in the mindless entertainment of television. You don't have to think and you don't have to imagine. It's all done for you. I know. I spend all day creating the visuals that come at you from your television.

So next time you want to exhale look for a book instead of the remote or...check out these ideas...