Sunday, August 31, 2008

TAKEN HOSTAGE


Considering my curious nature on the subject of religion, I was intrigued by the cover of this book as I strolled the glorious aisles of Barnes and Noble on Thursday evening. Reviewing the back cover I was immediately captured. I would not be walking out of the store without this book.
I started it Friday while waiting for a soccer game to start and have become hostage to the stories of Ranya, Suzanne and Priscilla. Everything else I have attempted to do this weekend has become a dreaded chore (even blogging this is taking away from precious reading time).
If the book is not in my hand it is in my head. The words are surfing the waves of my brain and the beat of my heart. So I started this blog. Recording my thoughts as I read.
Religion is a curious thing. We worship as we choose but in actuality are we not all somehow connected to the same God?