Monday, February 16, 2009


Presidents Day in St. George brings the Parade of Homes, Baseball Tournaments and Soccer Tournaments. That means the roads are filled with non-local people and everywhere we go its crowded and annoying. That being said, my Valentines Day was spent watching soccer and spending the evening at home.

And what is Valentines Day without a Sugar Cookie? Instead of going out I spent the evening in my kitchen making a little bit of LOVE with SUGAR on top. Its a delicious taste sensation!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I finished Depak Chopra's story of Buddha and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and have come away with a brighter sense of illumination. Here's just one little piece that I read yesterday while waiting for the soccer game to start...

...suffering is a fixed part of life. Fleeing from pain and running toward pleasure will never change that fact. Yet most people spend their whole life avoiding pain and pursuing pleasure. To them, this is only natural, but in reality they are becoming deeply involved in a war they will never win.

Buddhists see suffering as the path to enlightenment. I think that without suffering we cannot know joy. You have to know the bad to recognize the good.