Friday, February 20, 2009

ROTARY MEMBER


I am officially a member of the Red Rock Rotary Club. I should've joined back in 2006 when we went to the Door of Faith Orphanage in Mexico. For some unknown reason I delayed. But putting it off was no longer an option.

Rotary is about providing humanitarian aid, encouraging high ethical standards and helping with good will among all nations. I love ethnicity, diversity and learning about all cultures.

I like the motto - SERVICE ABOVE SELF - it sort of describes me. The combination of all things humanitarian and international makes this organization a perfect fit for me.

Rotary International has a birthday on Monday. It was February 23, 1904 when the first Rotary Club was established. Today, 1.2 million Rotarians belong to over 32,000 Rotary clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas.

I'm so excited to be a part of this worldwide organization.