Monday, September 14, 2009

STEPPING STONES



There are experiences in life that we can call stepping stones, the times when we accomplish that which we have been reaching for. Yesterday was one of those pinnacles.

As a mother I set goals for my children and hope they will want what I want for them. I raise them the best way I know how and teach them the way to happiness. They have their free agency so I can only hope they will accept the things they have been taught.

Isaac set his sights on the temple many years ago and yesterday he went through to receive his living endowments. It was a surreal moment for me. Sitting and experiencing each level of the endowment then watching as he stepped into the Celestial Room. "Welcome Home Isaac" We embraced and shed a few tears together.

It is a wonderful feeling for a parent to watch as your child follows and feels the joy of the gospel.