Sunday, August 24, 2008

LATE NIGHT REFLECTIONS


Another exhausting Saturday and I can barely keep my eyes open. The thought of sleep is tantalizing and I'm almost there. Drifting into the unconscious when your dreams take you places you sometimes don't want to go...and then sometimes you do.

We attended a gala luau event this evening. Ra invited friends he works with to go with us. Mostly because I don't have friends. "Kind of strange", he said, "since I know so many people".

A wonderful surprise occured.

As I sat at the table Kathleen McKnight came up to me with a lei she had special ordered, "just for me" she said. Kathleen is a transplant from Hawaii, coming to St. George to take care of her dad. It was wonderful of her to think of me and to bring me the lei. Now, as I sit typing, the aroma fills the room and I am taken to my tropical memories.

Now there's a memory to fall asleep on...