Monday, August 11, 2008

NO SUNDAY

What I love about Sunday is non existent for this week. Yes I did go to church, which isn't really what I love about Sunday, but the rest of my Sunday has been one chore after another. That's because Saturday was spent doing my job.

After my nineteen hour Friday I was up bright and early Saturday morning so I could get to the parade on time. The KCSG crew rode on the Vintage Fire Truck while I rode on the Fair Board float. So much fun!

Side note - it's a good thing the Fair Board is so much fun or the last week of my life would've sucked really bad.

After the parade I was off to the fairgrounds where I spent the day doing...fair stuff. KCSG talent presented the Baby Contest, we joined the Sheriff's Department to make JR Deputy ID's and I worked the gate at the Demolition Derby. When I finally climbed into my car I was so exhausted, I wondered if I would make it home alive.

As a result of working yesterday, my Saturday chores did not get done so I have spent Sunday doing laundry and buying groceries among other domestic duties. It's time for a much needed break.

So I grabbed my favorite blanket and my laptop climbed into bed and decided to blog "a day in the life of" before drifting off to sleep. My family is driving home from up north...only a few hours of silence left and I must take advantage of it...