Tuesday, July 14, 2009

LAVENDER WALK

There is something about Lavender that calms the soul and rejuvenates the senses. Early Saturday morning Karamea and I woke to participate in a 5k Lavender Run at Young Living Farms in Mona, Utah. For some it was a run, for us it was a brisk walk. What a beautiful adventure this was!

I drove into the parking lot at 6:40, stepped out of the car and took a deep breath. The aroma of Lavender, Clarity Sage and other satisfying scents were all around. Immediately I knew that the drive to northern Utah, waking at 5:00 on a Saturday morning and searching for a parking space was well worth the undertaking. We were among 700 registrants who would all experience the exhilaration of what was to come.

Karamea and I took our place almost at the back of all the participants. We began our brisk walk under overcast skies and cool morning tempuratures. We stopped to take pictures and water breaks along the way. Almost near the end we were stopped by a camera crew from Cornerstone Technologies and asked to be the talent in a promotional video they were producing. We abilged and took our places among the rows of Lavender.

We strolled the property, ate Lavender ice cream and cut our share of Lavender to take home. I will wait for it to dry and then make Lavender bags to be used as a cold or warm compress for headaches and stress relief.

Oh what a joy this event was for me. I will make it tradition for my future.