Sunday, July 5, 2009

INDEPENDENCE DAY

Today we celebrate America. A country founded on principles of freedom and religion. More than 20 years ago I was reading through the micro-fish of my 4th great grandfather, Lucious Nelson Scoville. July 4, 18something...he was on a boat sailing home from a mission in England. The occupants on the boat were celebrating the theme of the day. As a member of a newly formed religion whose members were being persecuted for their beliefs, he didn't feel much like celebrating. Ever since I read his journal entry of that day I remember his comments and the struggle for freedom that we all engage in.

Here is some insight on what America means to a younger generation. They call them Generation Y. I call them "Millennials Rising, The Next Great Generation".

What freedom do you fight for?