Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 16 - Early Morning Seminary


I woke up at 5:45 every morning. We ate porridge and toast for breakfast. Then headed out to seminary which started at 7:00 am. It was held at the church and we walked there in the bitter cold of the Canadian White North. Just opening the door and stepping out into the cold was enough to freeze my hair off. I could hear the snow crack under my boots as I walked and I could also hear the sound of the steam coming out of the chimneys. This was a sign of warm inside and cold outside. 

Despite the cold I achieved 100% attendance for my four years of seminary. There were days when I was sick and missed but I asked for something to do so I could get credit for not being there. Some days we had seminary at JB's for breakfast. The teacher called this physical and spiritual nourishment for the day ahead. 

I loved Scripture Chase competitions. I studied hard and I knew the scriptures. We crinkled up the pages of our scriptures so we could find the scriptures immediately after the clue was given. We won trophies. It was fun! 

Seminary started my day out with a spiritual boost. It was 45 minutes of inspiration before I headed off to school.