Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 8 - Playtime Rules


Someone posted this photo on Facebook and I could completely relate so I thought I would add it to this 30 day blogging thing I'm doing.

Street lights didn't come on in Calgary until 11:00pm in the summer. After dinner we ran outside to play. Dad would always come out whistling at us to come home and clean up the kitchen. One time I ran down to the neighbor who was a police officer and asked him to handcuffs my hands together so I wouldn't have to do the dishes. That worked for about 5 minutes.

Mom would sit on the front step watching us run around with the neighborhood kids. We loved to play hide and seek. Whoever was "IT" stood at the street pole counting to 100 then off the seeker would go to find hiders. Sometimes mom would give us hints and quietly point in the direction of a hider.

Daylight until 11:00 meant fun into the late hours of the night. Warm and wonderful skies. Sometimes we even got to see the auroa borealis.