Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 26 - Once...I Went Skiing

Karamea went snowboarding yesterday. She took a lesson and sent us her button which included the stickers she earned during her lesson. This made me smile. This also caused me to remember the time I took skiing lessons at Paskapoo. This was a ski slope on the north side of Calgary. Slope as in hill. Since I was going to ski I decided I needed to have a ski suit. I went to a sale at some store that Mark took me to. I found the most awesome yellow jacket and pants. Mark said I looked like a banana. I thought I would be a little bit of sunshine gliding down the slopes.

Well, as it turned out. I spent most of the time rolling down the hill and I did not like skiing at all. It was cold and I had to put on layers of clothing. I thought I would be accepted into the crowd of cool kids who went to Banff every weekend to ski the slopes with their parents. But I realized I was much happier in the comfort of my warm house listening to my music or watching some ridiculous program on TV.

I am a warm weather girl and I do not like wearing bulky layers of clothing.